Do you want to better define the muscles of your body? To achieve this, it is not always necessary to go to the gym, but simply, with two dumbbells you can exercise your body and get a stronger figure with less existence of fat.
In this article of Articleonfitness we want to help you to work with your body without having to move from home and therefore, we will offer you a complete guide of full body dumbbell workout routine at home.
We will propose the best exercises to put to work the muscles of the upper train, as well as the lower one and those of the abdomen. You will not need to leave the house!
Full body dumbbell workout routine at home for beginners
If you are not used to workout and you want to start toning your body from home, you have to know that dumbbells are ideal tools for you. They will help you to work muscle tone and, in addition, you can start with a low intensity too little by little increase and improve both your strength and your strength. We recommend is that you buy dumbbells of different types of weight which is suitable for you. So, you can go combining as you evolve.
Begin with a weight of 2-4 kilos is a better option, especially if you have not exercised for a while or if it is the first time you are going to carry it out. When you see that it is difficult for you to raise that weight, you will be able to slightly increase the weight and progressively, you will improve.
Exercise for buttocks and legs with dumbbells
There are lots of glute exercises that you can do at home. However, with the dumbbells, you will get the work even more intense and therefore, your body will experience more physical exercise. Here we will talk about an essential exercise that is ideal for strengthening the legs and buttocks: the squats.
Here we leave the steps you must follow to do this exercise well:
- Hold the dumbbells which is suitable for you, one with each hand, and relax the arms.
- Slightly separates the legs, at the height of the hip.
- In this position, you should descend slightly downwards, trying to keep your legs at an angle of 90ºC.
- As you descend, it is recommended that you raise your arms by holding the dumbbells and raise them at shoulder height
- Hold in this position for 3 seconds and, little by little return to the first position to go back down and repeat the exercise.
Strengthen the abdomen with dumbbells
With the dumbbells, you can also activate the work of the abdominal muscles. To do this, you can perform different types of exercises, but then we will talk about one that is ideal for beginners:
- Lie on top of a mat or mat for sports.
- We will begin the exercise with the arms stretched above the head and with a dumbbell in each hand.
- The movement is simple, you should raise the legs and hands upwards keeping the arms extended and the legs also without flexing.
- Now, you must descend gently and recover the first position.
- 3Grab air and re-raise the torso and legs with the dumbbells.
Dumbbells for biceps
And if you want to start toning your arms at home and reduce the accumulated fat in this area, the dumbbells are also ideal to help you meet your goals. For this, we propose an easy exercise for people who are beginners:
- You should stand with your legs spread at shoulder height and your arms extended, each with a dumbbell.
- Now, you should elevate the forearm slightly and move it toward the shoulders.
- You do not have to do strength with the shoulders, but they have to be the arms, the biceps, the ones that work.
- When you reach the top, gently lower your arms and start again.
These exercises should be done during 15 repetitions and completing 3 series. Repeating this routine 4 or 5 times a week will begin to see results in a matter of 2 months.
3 dumbbell exercises for women ideal for the whole body
We continue with this article in which we include the full body dumbbell workout routine at home to talk, now of exercises that are especially designed for women. We are going to talk to you about different exercises that will help you work all the muscles of the body and therefore, you will be able to better define your bodybuilding.
Pectorals and triceps with dumbbells
The triceps is one of the areas where women more fat gather. Therefore, to have an exercise that tone this part of the body together with the chest is a great idea. Here we will talk about an exercise that will help you work both areas at the same time:
- To strengthen the backbone, we have to stand
backwardsbut are completely straight.
- The arms will have to be stretched at the height of the shoulders and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- In this initial position, we should start the exercise that consists of pulling the shoulders back without moving the back or the body.
- Move slowly and slowly, and when you reach the top, lower your arms again and repeat the exercise.
Stride with weights for buttocks and legs
Another of the best exercises to work the legs and buttocks is what is known as stride. It is a somewhat more difficult movement than that of squats but it is more effective and achieves very noticeable results. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- We will begin the exercise with the body fully stretched, legs slightly apart and holding a dumbbell with each hand.
- Next, we must take a step forward, a stride which must be done with a considerable distance.
- We should lower as much as we can without touching the ground with the leg that is being stretched
- Now, we must take momentum and return to the starting position to change leg, and perform the exercise with the opposite leg
Exercising dumbbells with belly
Finally, another of the areas that cost more to tone but that we are more “obsessed” is the belly. To work it, nothing better than carrying out a routine of abdominal exercises that are done with dumbbells and that help us to make the body work more intensely. The steps to do this exercise are:
- You will have to lie on the mat placing the arms stretched over the head.
- The legs should be flexed creating a 90 ° arc with the body.
- The exercise consists of elevating the torso to the maximum and getting your back straight.
- In the movement of the lift, the arms will pull forward to make an impulse and to feel the weights of the dumbbells.
- When you reach the top, you should descend gently and, when you recover the original position, raise the trunk again and repeat the exercise.
To make an effective full body dumbbell workout routine you will have to do 4 sets of 15 repetitions each. The exercise should be repeated 4 or 5 times a week to experience changes in the body. In addition, it will be essential to enjoying a healthy and balanced diet to achieve a healthy body and in full form.