You’ve probably already looked in the fitness magazines for information about the best way to gain lean muscle mass. The routines that appear there are usually accompanied by photos of athletes with amazing physicists, which makes us think that the effectiveness of them is capital. But it’s not right. You have come to the right place if you have not idea about lean muscle body workout. Because In this new article, we will discuss lean muscle body workout.
However, these lean muscle body workout are not right for our purposes as they try to make us believe. Let’s see what this is and what training routine may be appropriate for our goal of building lean muscle mass.
WHY DO NOT ROUTINES OF PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES WORK?
The truth is that the athletes who accompany these routines will probably be training in the way the magazine mentions. However, we must be aware that they are almost exclusively dedicated to this world, so that what works for them may not be worth it.
But this does not have to discourage you. You simply need a routine that takes into account that you are a person who has a life apart from the gym and the weights. But first, we have to know what we need to get muscle hypertrophy.
MUSCLE PROTINE SYNTHESIS AND TRAINING FREQUENCY
The muscle protein synthesis (SPM) is a primary condition for gaining muscle, but it only comes into play when generating: the muscle protein breakdown (DPM) will also play an essential role.
Another important concept that we must know is the net protein balance (BNP). The BNP will condition if we can get muscle mass or not. If it is positive we can create more hypertrophy and vice versa. The BNP is obtained through the following formula:
SPM – DPM = BNP
This means that the higher our SPM is compared to the DPM, the greater our muscle gains will be.
We already know that we need to increase the SPM. That’s why routines planned to work one muscle group per day are not effective for people who can not spend a lot of time in the gym, as the SPM increases until it reaches its peak 24 hours after training to return to the levels of normality about 36 hours after having trained. Therefore, we should look for that state as many times as we can. Instead, it is more advisable to follow high-frequency routines, that is, where you work the same muscle at least twice a week.
SHOULD I INCREASE MY TRAINING VOLUME?
Knowing that high frequency is ideal for us, we can also think that growing the volume of training, that is, the number of series we do can be equally positive for our aim.
However, this is not so. In fact, training normally beyond muscle failure does not have any extra effect on the SPM (1), so it is not necessary to get tired every time you train to exhaustion.
HOW SHOULD I TRAIN TO GAIN MUSCLE MASS?
The first thing to be clear is that any training program aimed at gaining muscle mass should contain 4 basic movements: squats, deadlifts, dominated and bench press.
In case you are a beginner, it is ideal to use full-body routines. If on the opposite, you have been training with weights for some time, you will possibly be able to lift heavy weights and you will not be able to perform all the basic movements in the same session.
The torso-leg routine that we will explain next will allow you to increase your SPM and give you the necessary time to recover from the training effort, giving each muscle the attention it needs.
DEFINITIVE ROUTINE FOR GAINING LEAN MUSCLE MASS
DAY 1: MONDAY
|1A||Press bench or Press inclined||4-6||3-5|
|2A||Dominated neutral grip||4||6-8|
|3A||Rowing on pulley||4||6-8|
|4A||Military Press c / m||2||6-8|
|5A||Curl with Z bar||3||8-10|
DAY 2: TUESDAY
|1A||Squat or Deadlift||4-6||3-5|
|2A||Dead weight to stiff legs or Squats with pause||4||6-8|
|3A||Strings with bar ||4||6-8 per leg|
|3B||Glute Ham Raise||3||8-10|
|4A||Standing heel lifts||5||8-10|
|4B||Seated heel lifts||3||10-12|
DAY 3: THURSDAY
|1A||Bench press with inclined press c / m||4||8-12|
|2A||Rowing c / m, with bar or supported on bench||3||8-12|
|3A||Pulley for dorsal in pulley ||3||8-12|
|4A||Openings with machine ||2||15-20|
|5A||Side lifting with pulley ||2||15-20|
|6A||Bench press with closed grip||3||8-10|
|7A||Bicep curl with straight bar||3||8-10|
|8A||Pulleys for triceps in high pulley ||2||15-20|
|8B||Curl c / m sitting ||2||15-20|
DAY 4: SATURDAY
|1A||Inclined Press or Squat Hack ||4||8-12|
|2A||Femoral curl standing, lying or sitting ||3||8-12|
|3A||Pull-throughs on pulley ||3||10-15|
|4A||Strides c / m in motion ||1||20-30|
|5A||Seated heel lifts||2|| 20-30
|6A||Press heel extensions ||4||12-15|
NOTES FOR DAYS 1 AND 2 OF THE ROUTINE
- Days 1 and 2 will be based on movements of force and power. The goal is to train fast-twitch fibers to build maximum strength and increase muscle density.
- The first exercise will always be a basic movement. You must increase the weight in each series. Start with 60% of your 1RM and you will progressively increase the weight in search of the heavier series of 3-5 repetitions, in which you will try your personal record.
- Alternate the flat bench press and the incline press from week to week.
- The squat can make it front or back. The deadlift can do it conventional or sumo style.
- If on day 2 you select to do squats as the main exercise you will have to do as a second exercise deadlift to rigid legs. In case you have selected the deadlift, you will have to perform squats with a pause.
- Rest between 1 and 2 minutes between sets except the last squat and deadlift series, where you will obviously need 4 or 5 minutes to get a new record.
- These days you should target to get a new personal record . Surely you will not always get it, but you must leave with that idea in mind. However, it is not important that you increase your weight every day
- in the accessory exercises, but that you move in the performed range of repetitions.
- Each repetition should be as fast and powerful as possible.
- The letters A and B represent a superset. When they appear in a row, you must first finish Exercise A
- and then Exercise B with the minimum possible rest, that will be a series.
Rest 1 or 2 days between days 2 and 3 of the routine to promote recovery.
NOTES FOR DAYS 3 AND 4 OF THE ROUTINE
- Days 3 and 4 will be based on movements of hypertrophy. The training volume will be higher, the weights will be lighter (although difficult to lift) and the time under tension (TUT ) will be increased.
- These days are focused on working the fibers of intermediate contraction. In this way, you can increase muscle cell volume and glycogen storage.
- Try to get the most out of the first exercise of each of the two days trying to do well or more repetitions or lift more weight.
- Alternate the flat bench press with the incline bench press c / m week to week. Do the same with the leaning press and the Hack squat.
- The series of strides should be done immediately after the last series of quadriceps extensions.
- Rest between 30 and 90 seconds between sets, this way you will make metabolic stress and muscle loss, essential conditions to achieve hypertrophy.
- Perform every repetition in a controlled manner. The eccentric movement should last 2 seconds and the concentric movement 1 second. Take a slight pause between repetition and repetition. The important thing is that your muscles are in constant tension during the performance of the whole series, without resting at any time.